Yes, again, more Netball success! Today, the Year 7/8 A team has WON the Primary Sports Canterbury Winter Tournament! That is an amazing achievement – especially after their success last Thursday in winning the weekly competition. Well done to coach Ginnie Clucas and her team that won the final 10-3 over Rolleston (10 minute games) after a full day of pool play and play-offs.
In the last week, Hillview has been crowned Netball Champions three times!
Our Year 7/8 A Netball team won their Thursday afternoon A Grade final last week – the Year 5/6 A Team were second in the A Grade. Both of these teams compete at the Primary Sports Canterbury Winter Tournament tomorrow.
Our Year 10 Mixed team and our Year 9 team both won their Divison 3 Finals today at Hagley Park in the Finals Day of Secondary School Wednesday Sport. The Year 10 team has been unbeaten this year and defeated Cashmere 27-20 with some excellent goal shooting from Wairepo Te Hae and strong defence from Beth Manning and Sarah Carr. The Year 9 team defeated Avonside 29-10 with Michaela Ridden outstanding in the goal circle.
Year 9-10 Winter Sports Draws – Wednesday 21 August
Well done to the below teams who are in finals/semis on Wednesday
Semi: Jnr. Div. 3 Year 10 Netball v. Middleton F@ Hagley Ct. 14 at 3.15pm – meet in courtyard at 2.30pm
Semi: Year 9 Div. 3 Netball v. Aranui @ Hillview 3.15pm – meet on court at 2.40pm
Final: 1st/2nd C Grade Div. One: Blue (A) Table Tennis v. Lincoln Boys C – 3.15pm Table Tennis Hall 10 – meet 2.30pm in courtyard
No games for Badminton or Red Table tennis – well done on your seasons!
This Thursday (22 August) is the last week for Year 5-8 Sport
Both the Year 5/6 A and Year 7/8 A Netball teams are in finals for 1st/2nd in the A Grades and a number of other teams are playing off for 3rd/4th or in finals for lower grades – draws still to come.
Canterbury Schools’ Orienteering Festival: Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September 2013
Click here for the notice about this event and the training events also: HCS Notice Orienteering Event 2013
We are very keen to enter lots of children in this event. There are also 4 x practice days after school – 21 and 29 August and 3 and 10 September. Details are on the notice.
Today we had 16 teams take part in the South Zone Winter Sports Tournament at South Hagley Park. There was some very tough competition but our netballers showed they are top of our zone.
The Year 7/8 A Netball team won every game to win the A division and the Year 7/8 B team also won the B divison – excellent results! The Year 5/6 A team made their final and then ended up second – a super effort. Both the Year 5/6 and 7/8 A teams will compete at the Primary Sports Canterbury tournament on Thursday 29 August from 12noon. (Postponement 3 and 5 September).
The Year 5/6 A Football team, previously unbeaten this season, lost a pool match but made the grand final before going down to Thorrington A to narrowly miss qualifying for the Centrals. The Year 7/8 Rugby team beat eventual winners, St. Martins, in their first game but a loss and a draw later meant they were tied for 2nd – a countback of number of tries scored saw them end up 3rd, with only the first two teams qualifying. The Year 5/6 Rugby team ended up 3rd= after losing 35 – 0 to St. Martins in pool play but then had an amazing turnaround to draw with the same team 14-14 in the 3rd/4th play-off!
Thanks to all parents who helped out or came along to support the teams. We wish our Netball teams all the best for 29 August.
Welcome to Term 3 and plenty of sporting opportunities……
1. Winter Sport continues for Year 5-8 on Thursdays till Thursday 22 August and for Year 9/10s on Wednesdays till Wednesday 21 August. Some of our teams are doing very well with the Year 5/6 A Football team unbeaten in the A Grade, the Year 7/8 A Netball team leading the A Grade and the Year 10 Mixed Netball team unbeaten in their Grade on Wednesdays.
2. South Zone Winter Tournament Wednesday 7 August @ South Hagley. All 16 of our Year 5-8 Thursday teams are involved. For a copy of the draw and details, please click here: South Zone Programme 2013 (3) We leave by bus at 9am and return at 12.30pm approximately. Postponement date is Wednesday 14 August.
3. Year 0-8 Ski Races at Mt. Cheeseman- Sunday 25 August. If you are interested in these races, we will enter children and Miss campbell will be a supervisor but children need to arrange their own transport and supply their own gear. For details on the races, please click here: 2013-Ski Champs Info.
4. Basketball Our Year 5-8 and Year 9/10 teams compete on Fridays until 23 August. A Boys’ Year 9/10 and Girls’ Year 9/10 team are attending the South Island Basketball Champs in Dunedin in Week 6.
5. Orienteering This term the Schools’ Orienteering Festival is on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September. Any aged children can compete in this. We will have a few training sessions at school and also after school training events on Tuesday 20 August, Wednesday 29 August and Thursday 5 September. Keep those dates in mind!
There will be other opportunities too, so watch this space!